The Castle of Grumello dominates the village of Grumello del Monte and its vineyards, in the heart of the Valcalepio, a hilly area between Bergamo and Lake Iseo and was probably built around the year 1000 as a military fortress with a watchtower, given the its strategic position. The Castle in the Middle Ages was a defense observatory and refuge for the population, becoming over time a noble residence. Today it is owned by the family Reschigna Kettilitz, which under its secular vaults has built a modern winery, skillfully interpreting the classic vines of Valcalepio. The production capacity is around one hundred thousand bottles a year. The wines, all produced with their own grapes and vinified with the advice of oenologist Paolo Zadra, mature in the Castello cellar, under whose centuries-old vaults coexist modern fermentation plants in stainless steel with traditional presses and barrels in fine woods.