Cantine Monfort
Sort by Sort by

Cantine Monfort

Founded in 1945 by Giovanni Simoni, grandfather of the current manager Lorenzo Simoni, the winey, family owned, is located in Lavis, pleasant village north of Trento, taht always has been the heart of Trentino wine production. The cellar is placed in one of the most characterstic frames of the old town of Lavis, Monfort Palace, former residence of the Counts de Melchiori, called Pallatium still Monfort in 1678. Simoni family makes wine only with Trentino grapes grown with integrated production systems in respect of biological balance of nature that come from areas with optimum solar exposure of the Cembra Valley, the hills of Lavis and Trento, as well as in Mezzocorona, Pergine, Volano, Isera. For many years engaged in the exploitation of the vineyards owned, Cantine Monfort is pursuing a strict quality control that follows all the phases of production, from the vineyard to the bottle, to get elegant and well-structured wines. Always sensitive to the need to promote the typical wine production, with its new Blanc de Sers has joined a project to recover and vinification of old varieties in danger of extinction in the Trentino region (Wanderbara, Vernaza, Veltliner rosé) whose vineyards are located 500-600 meters in the area of Pergine Serso, in the entrance to Mocheni Valley. Driven by a territorial research, in 2006 Lorenzo Simoni took over the business and the estate farm Maso Cantanghel of Civezzano, with a thought directed to the preservation of the uniqueness of this beautiful area and a particular attention to the cultivation of pinot noir, being  this area highly suited for the production of this variety.